The Lockdown that is observed in Tamil Nadu to control COVID-19, is getting extended for another month.
Till April 20, 2021 it has been extended with restriction, by the Tamil Nadu Government. The announcement came on Wednesday (31.3.21) with new guidelines.
It was said that the ‘Test, Track & Treat Protocol’ will be effectively enforced, COVID containment measures will be intensified. The positive cases found during intensive testing will be isolated/quarantined at the earliest and treated. The contacts of these new cases will also be handled in the same manner.
COVID appropriate behaviour will be strictly enforced, and the international air travel prohibition to continue with exceptions.
“Containment zones shall be carefully demarcated by the district authorities, at the micro-level, taking into consideration the guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) in this regard”, a notification from the government said.
Within the demarcated containment zones, the below-mentioned containment measures shall be followed:
- Only essential activities shall be allowed
- Strict perimeter control
- Intensive house-to-house surveillance
- Surveillance for influenza-like illness (ILI) and severe acute respiratory infections (SARI)
- Local district, police and municipal authorities shall be responsible to ensure that the prescribed containment measures are strictly followed
- The District Administrators shall ensure strict enforcement of wearing face masks, hand hygiene and social distancing.