Dalmia Bharat Limited announced its audited consolidated financial results for the quarter and full year ended March 31, 2020
The company achieved an EBITDA/T of Rs. 1072/T and a volume growth of 3% on YOY basis during FY20. The EBITDA grew by 8% during the year to 2106 Cr. The demand growth during the year was supported by the East & North East markets while there was demand contraction in the Southern market. At an industry level, FY20 has been a weak year in terms of demand with overall cement demand contracting by 1%.
The pricing has largely remained flat on average during the year for our markets. On the cost side, our variable cost has improved YOY because of both raw material and power & fuel. This was mainly on account of favourable prices of slag and petcoke respectively during the year. With the trial run production beginning at the new clinker line at Rajgangpur, our reliance on purchased clinker should diminish going forward. Freight costs have however remained flat during the year on YOY basis.
- Requisite approval received for Murli Industries acquisition
- Clinker Line at Rajgangpur commenced trial run production
- Due to outbreak of Covid19, the expansion of grinding units in East is delayed by six months respectively
- Share buyback completed so far for 53.10 lac shares amounting to Rs. 271 Cr. Total amount earmarked for buyback is Rs. 500 Cr
- 203 Cr of incentives received during the quarter and Rs. 409 Cr during FY20